- We promise to collect only personal information about you that you directly give to us.
- We promise to keep it secure. We will never rent or sell it.
- We promise to be transparent about why we hold it.
- We promise to give you control over it by showing how you can access, update and delete it.
- We promise not to collect personal data on website users.
What kinds of personal information do we hold?
- Your name, email address and phone number. Possibly also your organisation’s name, your job title, your company and/or home address and which HWT events you have attended.
- The HWT website uses Google Analytics to collect non-personal information on website users, such as session length, pages visited and files downloaded.
- The HWT website has a donation form which sends personal information, such as name and email address to the secure payment gateway Paypal, where card or bank details are submitted. Those personal details are only collected for donations and we do not save any of this information.
Why do we collect this information?
- So we can let you know about HWT-related matters that we think may be of interest to you, like inviting you to HWT events.
- So we can be transparent about HWT’s trustees, advisors, and the people and organisations we work with.
- So we can better fulfill our charitable object of providing public education – for example, by tracking the number of visits to specific pages on our website to see how useful those pages are.
- So we can carry out our obligations if we enter into a contract with you for the provision of goods or services.
How can you access and update your personal information?
- You can contact us by email at any time to ask about the personal information we hold on you. Please email us at email@example.com.
- You have the right to:
- Ask us what personal information we hold about you, and to make a reasonable request for a copy of that information
- Ask us to limit our use of your personal information, or to delete it from our records if there is no compelling reason for us to hold on to it
- Ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you think we are mishandling your personal information.
For how long do we hold this information?
- We hold this information for no longer than necessary to fulfill HWT’s charitable purposes.
How do we keep your information safe?
- To prevent unauthorised access, all personal information held on our computers and other portable device is always password protected or encrypted.
- Our (few) manual records are stored in a locked filing cabinet.
Do we share your information?
- We never sell or rent your information.
- We share it only as required by law or with your express permission.
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
HWT may process your information where it is in our legitimate interests to do so as an organisation and without prejudicing your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. We collect and process personal information when it is necessary to achieve HWT’s charitable object and carry out HWT’s activities. Alternatively, we may process your information where it is necessary to enter into a contract with you for the provision of products or services or to perform our obligations under that contract.
This privacy promise is available in appropriate places on HWT pages as a link.